(1) Zones organise the planning scheme area in a way that facilitates the location of preferred or acceptable land uses.
(2) Zones are mapped and included in Schedule 2.
(3) The levels of assessment for development in a zone are in Part 5.
(4) Assessment criteria for zones are contained in a zone code.
(5) A precinct may be identified for part of a zone.
(6) Precinct provisions are contained in the zone code.
(7) Each zone code identifies the following:
(a) the purpose of the code;
(b) the overall outcomes that achieve the purpose of the code.
(8) The zone codes for the planning scheme are identified in Table 6.2.1.
Residential zones category
Low density residential zone code
Low-medium density residential zone code
Medium density residential zone code
High density residential zone code
Character residential zone code
Tourist accommodation zone code
Centre zones category
Principal centre zone code
Major centre zone code
District centre zone code
Neighbourhood centre zone code
Recreation zones category
Sport and recreation zone code
Open space zone code
Environmental zones category
Environmental management zone code
Conservation zone code
Industry zones category
Low impact industry zone code
Industry zone code
Special industry zone code
Industry investigation zone code
Other zones category
Community facilities zone code
Emerging community zone code
Extractive industry zone code
Mixed use zone code
Rural zone code
Rural residential zone code
Special purpose zone code
Specialised centre zone code
Township zone code