188.8.131.52 Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan code
(1) This code applies to assessing a material change of use, reconfiguring a lot, operational work or building work in the Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan area if:
(a) assessable development where this code is an applicable code identified in the assessment criteria column of a table of assessment for a neighbourhood plan (section 5.9
(b) impact assessable development.
(a) Urban development land precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-001);
(b) Non-urban land precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-002);
(c) Natural environment land precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-003);
(d) Not committed land precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-004);
(e) Parkland rural precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-005);
(i) Parkland rural a sub-precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-005a).
Note—This neighbourhood plan includes a table of assessment with level of assessment variations to those in sections 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.8 and/or 5.10. Refer to Table 5.9.36.A, Table 5.9.36.B, Table 5.9.36.C and Table 5.9.36.D.
Note—Development approved in this neighbourhood plan area will be required to pay the full cost impact of servicing with water supply, sewerage and treatment, waterways, transport and community purpose infrastructure.
(1) The purpose of the Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan code is to provide finer grained planning at a local level for the Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan area.
(2) The purpose of the Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan code will be achieved through overall outcomes including overall outcomes for each precinct of the neighbourhood plan area.
(3) The overall outcomes for the neighbourhood plan area are:
(a) Development is of a scale commensurate with the limited infrastructure that services the neighbourhood plan area.
(b) Development addresses the location of the land, availability of services, environmental constraints, amenity
and existing patterns of development.
(c) Land subject to development constraints, character or environmental values shown on an overlay map is protected from inappropriate development in order to maintain its character and natural and ecological significance.
(d) Reconfiguring a lot, other than for amalgamation purposes or rearrangement of boundaries, will not be supported in the Rural zone, Environmental management zone and Conservation zone (where not in the Parkland rural precinct).
(4) Urban development land precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-001) overall outcomes are:
(a) Development can only occur for low density residential purposes or land uses that meet local community needs, where in the urban footprint.
(b) Development of a small pocket of low–medium density housing surrounding the Karana Downs Country Club (golf club
) is consistent with the outcomes sought.
(c) Development for which full physical infrastructure cannot be provided is not consistent with the outcomes sought.
(5) Non-urban land precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-002) overall outcomes are:
(a) Land in the Rural zone
retains its natural and environmental qualities.
(b) Limited agricultural activities may be acceptable where it can be demonstrated that they do not result in unreasonable impacts on biodiversity, landscape and scenic values in the precinct.
(c) Quarrying activities in the Kholo Creek key resource area (KRA 41) must be designed to minimise impacts on biodiversity, landscape and scenic values in the precinct.
(6) Natural environment land precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-003) overall outcomes are:
(a) Land in the Conservation zone
or Environmental management zone
is to be retained in its existing natural state to protect the habitats and native flora and fauna communities and to maintain the ecological and intrinsic biodiversity values, landscape values and visual qualities of the area.
(b) Other areas in this precinct that contribute to values of biodiversity, natural landscape or native vegetation and water supply catchments are to be conserved and appropriately managed.
(c) Development of urban or incompatible non-urban development will not be permitted within the catchment of Lake Manchester.
(7) Not committed land precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-004) overall outcomes are:
(a) This land is generally undisturbed steep escarpment where development of any form is not consistent with the outcomes sought.
(8) Parkland rural precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-005) overall outcomes are:
(a) Rural residential type living on large suburban allotments of land which are provided with normal urban services, except for reticulated sewerage, is consistent with the outcomes sought.
(b) Development must not create unreasonable or uneconomic demands for the provision or extension of public amenities or services.
(c) Non-residential uses will be restricted to development which provides a service to the area or which is directly associated with, and subordinate to, the dominant residential development.
(9) Parkland rural a sub-precinct (Lake Manchester neighbourhood plan/NPP-005a) overall outcomes are:
(a) reconfiguring a lot where all resulting lots are 0.4ha or greater is consistent with the outcomes sought in this sub-precinct.
184.108.40.206.3 Assessment criteria
The following table identifies the assessment criteria for assessable development.
Table 220.127.116.11.3—Criteria for assessable development
No performance outcomes are prescribed
No acceptable outcomes are prescribed